May is Disaster Preparedness Month
Be your own Relationship recovery & rescue this month and every month. Be prepared before a natural disaster – in this case you, trauma or drama flashback takes hold:
As soon as you become aware of an emotional tornado headed your way. Head for your personal shed (bedroom) and lock the door. Be sure to have the following on hand:
- A mini bar
- Plenty of non-perishable snacks
- Batteries for your new sleep aid and a flashlight
- Boxes of Kleenex
- Computer – shopping on-line can be a life line.
- Make a digital diary of your disaster in progress.
- Post it on FB and let others share in your meltdown. You could be on “Inside Edition.”
- Record your thoughts. Express all your hopes and fears. Play you hysteria over and over again.
- Make sure to destroy the rant recording so it cannot be used against you should a mental competence hearing be required.
- Do not call list – let your friends and family know that you’re having a time out.
- Call 911 if you have fallen out of bed and can’t get up.